Our experts have reviewed dozens of treadmills, and our reviews can help you find the best option for your home gym. Scroll down to see our dedicated reviews – but first, here are the top five factors to consider before you make a purchase.
Top five factors to consider when evaluating treadmills for your home
- Functional design and ergonomics. If you’re a jogger, you will need a deck size that accommodates your stride. Consider just how comfy you are on the device while strolling or running. Select a design that attract you ergonomically as well as aesthetically.
- Adjustability and settings. Most indoor running devices have top speeds between 10 and also 12 mph; however, some will go much faster. Typically they will have between a 10 and 15 percent maximum incline, but again, some will go further.
- High-tech accessories and compatibility. Docks for iPods, USB ports, as well as wifi or bluetooth and other web connectivity – these are now basic features on many treadmills. And some even have screens and other smart features that allow you to workout in groups, with trainers and track your fitness progress and goals. You will spend up for some of these features, so if you are on a budget let these go and don’t go for the bells and whistles.
- Size. Don’t forget the space constraints in your workout area. Most regular sized devices will be around 75 to 80 inches by ~35 inches wide. Folding models will usually take up about half the space when folded. Plus, many of these devices are hundreds of pounds, so weight may also be a factor – especially if you want to move it around in your home.
- Price. Of course the cost of the treadmill matters too. And if you are buying a “smart” or connected device, remember to include the subscription cost, which can range from $19 a month to $59 depending on the company you subscribe to.
Other factors to consider:
- Service warranties. When it concerns the warranty, search for three to seven years of protection on parts, and at least one year on labor. Many treadmills have a lifetime service warranty on the frame, and also you should obtain that for the electric motor too.
- Returns. While we hope you’ll love your purchase, we all know not every major item you bring into your gym will be perfect for you. Verify the device’s return plan. Even if they will reclaim the treadmill, you might need to spend for return shipping or “restocking” costs. Find out just how return shipping is dealt with if you purchase online.
Read our dedicated treadmill reviews below.
In this article, we’ll review the most popular “connected” treadmills on the market today: The