Have you ever thought of purchasing a home gym? Perhaps you would like to buy one from a trustworthy brand but don’t know where to start? We’ve reviewed one of the market’s top sellers — Total Gym XLS Home Gym — to help you decide if it’s the right investment for your fitness goals.
Buckle up and get ready because this Total Gym XLS Home Gym review will help you decide whether you should finally plunk down the cash or wait until a better option comes your way. Let’s dive in.
Here is what the modern world thinks about fitness:
Fitness is not something to set aside for another day. Fitness is now a lifestyle that everyone must follow to survive in a world where everything seems to have adverse effects on your health.
This lifestyle sounds perfect, but clearly it’s not so easy:
It might be challenging to make time for a regular gym with a hectic work routine. Home gyms are the ideal products for anyone struggling to find the motivation to leave the house for a workout. With equipment staring at you at home, a home fitness system like Total Gym’s XLS could be the solution that finally helps you realize your fitness goals. And from the comfort of your own home, no less!
What is the Total Gym XLS Home Gym?
The Total Gym XLS is a type of fitness bench that provides all the necessary tools to keep you healthy and fit. You can engage in over 80 types of exercises using this compact and simple home gym.
Source: Total Gym
Is Total Gym a legit brand?
Before getting further into the details of the product, here are brief notes about Total Gym brand:
Total Gym is a reliable brand that has been in the fitness industry since 1947. It’s been able to capture a large portion of the market with its high-quality fitness products from day one. This company puts its focus on making effective and affordable fitness and training equipment.
The Total Gym XLS is an excellent fitness product that provides the best qualities of a home gym at a price that’s attainable for many. This home gym helps you to work on your upper AND lower body, as well as give your cardiovascular system a thorough workout too.
Dimensions of the Total Gym XLS
It is essential to mention the dimensions and other specifics about the size of the home gym in this Total Gym XLS review because many people look for a convenient size and weight. People do so because all the hard work of purchasing and getting the order delivered will mean nothing if it cannot fit into your space.
Here are the dimensions and other specifics of the product:
- Maximum load or weight capacity: 400 pounds or 181 kg (both bodyweight and weight plates)
- Dimensions of XLS while in use: W 19? x L 90? x H 43?
- Dimensions of XLS when folded: W 19? x L 51? x H 9?
- Weight of the product: 82 lbs. (37 kg)
- Maximum user height limit: 6 feet 2 inches
- Glideboard dimensions: 16? in width and 47 inches in length
- Rollers for easy transport: precision ball bearing
- Cables: vinyl-coated cables that can hold up to 1000 lb
Source: Total Gym
What are the features of Total Gym XLS?
In this review, we will first look at the features and other details of the product. Discussing the features will help you to learn whether it has everything you need in a home gym. The features of this fitness equipment are:
- You can engage in over 80 types of exercises focusing on different parts of your body.
- Total Gym has upgraded its pulley system and also its cable system so that you can have better movement and work on more exercises than ever before.
- It has a weight capacity of 400 pounds (lbs).
- It comes with a glide board that supports your body comes with head support and comfortable padding.
- The nylon strap handles are flexible and allow for more movement.
- It has six levels of resistance training from which you can choose according to your preference.
“For the first time in about 15 years, I started looking forward to working out every morning. I can finish my workout within less than an hour for all muscle groups!”
– Anonymous Total Gym XLS User
Things that might concern you about XLS:
There are a few things that could concern you regarding Total Gym XLS:
- Not Always Easy to Transport: We have heard concerns from several users that this unit maybe not always easy to transport with the transport wheel bearings.
- Our Take: I’ve found over the years that if you pack something away, you probably are not going to be getting it out as often as you should. This machine can be stowed into a closet when needed.
- Limited Warranty Period: Comes with a lifetime warranty on frame, 6-month warranty on Parts.
- Our Take: Users have indicated they have been using Total Gym XLS for years without any defects showing up. This is a good machine and will sever you for a long time.
- Relatively Expensive: It can be an expensive purchase for some.
- Our Take: Agreed here, however, this is a long-term investment into your health and fitness. Our review here is to show you the benefits of owning this home gym. Compared to seldom used expensive gym memberships, this is a steal.
What should you expect from Total Gym XLS?
What can I expect?. You are right to ask that question. Keeping in mind its various features, here is what you can expect from the XLS Home Gym:
- It will help you to work out on all the major muscle groups of your body.
- You do not have to worry about the assembly because it comes fully assembled. All you have to do is take it out from the packaging and unfold it.
- It provides almost all the benefits of a regular gym so that you can go for full-body workouts at the comfort of your home.
- You can increase the inclination of the glide board as you get stronger than before so that the XLS gives you more resistance.
“I was on fence for a long time whether to purchase Total Gym XLS. Finally bought it and very happy about that decision. Pro Tip: Watch youtube videos to help setting it up. “
– Total Gym XLS
If you order this product, you will get the following accessories and products along with the home gym:
- A squat stand for increased ease of use
- Wing attachment that will allow you to engage in more exercises
- An accessory for leg pulls
- Two ankle cuffs to keep your ankles in place while working out
- A Total Gym exercise wall chart with 35 exercises
- Total gym Training deck
- A nutritional program and meal plan by Dan Isaacson
The benefits that the XLS will provide to its users
There are several benefits that this home gym gives its users, and this Total Gym XLS review will look into them one by one:
- It provides quick and noticeable results
- Increases your strength and endurance level
- Increases your metabolism
- Improves your BMI, balance, and coordination
- Provides for a safe and low impact workout session
- It gives complete back support while exercising
- It does not restrict your range of motion, unlike some other compact home gyms in the market.
Pros and cons of Total Gym XLS
No review is complete without laying down the good side and the bad side of a product. In this part of the Total Gym XLS review, you will learn about the pros and cons of the home gym in a condensed format:
Pros of Total Gym XLS:
- Easy to use and set up
- Does not make much sound while using it
- The padding on the glide board and handles make it very comfortable to use
- Not difficult to store this home gym
- Ideal product for beginners focusing on strength training
Cons of Total Gym XLS:
- The glide board does not slide as smoothly as one would like
- The product feels a little flimsy
- The product is not for strong people who usually lift more than their weight
Why should you buy this home gym?
The fact that Chuck Norris and Christie Brinkley endorses this home gym makes it stand out amongst the sea of home gyms! Although this fact might not convince you to buy the Total Gym XLS, there are many other reasons why this fitness equipment is a must-buy for all fitness enthusiasts.
For such an affordable price, you can get all the benefits of a regular gym anytime you want. The comfortable padding on the glide board makes sure that you do not feel any discomfort while engaging in one of the 80 exercises.
Another excellent feature of this product is that it does not need much effort to set up because it comes assembled and ready for use. All you need to do is unfold it and place it on its designated space in your living room or any other room.
With the six levels of adjustable resistance, you can modify the resistance levels according to your growing strength. It is the ideal home gym for beginners and those who have had physical injuries in the past. If you have never bought a home gym before and are thinking of buying one, this is the product for you.
Answering some FAQs
- How can I set up the XLS?
The Total Gym XLS setup is quite simple. Since it comes pre-assembled in the package, all you have to do is unfold it. Place the XLS on the floor, and it is ready to use.
For more information and help on how to set this home gym up, here is a Total Gym XLS setup video:
- How can I workout with the XLS?
There are over 80 Total Gym XLS workouts that you can do to give yourself a full-body workout or any workout focusing on one part of your body. There is a workout chart that comes along with the product. It has 35 exercises that you can do on this machine.
What comes with the Total Gym XLS?
(Ref: Manufacturer’s Website)
- Ribbed Squat Stand
- Wing Attachment
- Leg Pull Accessory and 2 Ankle Cuffs
- Total Gym Exercise Wall Chart ? simple at-a-glance poster with 35 Total Gym exercises
- Total Gym Training Deck ? Your Personal Training System
- Dan Isaacson?s Nutritional Program & Meal Plan
Where will I get my Total Gym XLS manual?
Final thoughts on Total Gym XLS
The Total Gym XLS Home Gym has many advantages and benefits that overshadow the drawbacks. Although this home gym is not Total Gym’s latest model, it sure does its work right, which is why people keep recommending it. If you want a compact, practical, and affordable home gym, the Total Gym XLS is an ideal product for you.
Before parting, we want to remind you to take all safety precautions when using this home gym. Read the owner’s manual carefully and be informed of the dangers of incorrect usage. Otherwise, click below to get 10% off, and let us know what you think of the Total Gym XLS in the comments if you decide to get your hands on one!