Getting ripped and staying fit is one of the most important parts of anyone’s day, but you’ll obviously need the right equipment. This is where having an adjustable weight bench really comes in handy.
An adjustable bench can support you in a wide range of exercises. Versatility should be the focus of your bench. There will be plenty of weightlifting activities that you can do with the right bench, so having a bench with plenty of support will be very important.
Weight benches need to be solid to the floor; they rock or cause you to tip over. If you are lifting very heavy weights, then you’ll need something that will give you plenty of anchorage to your floor. Firm supports and rubber stoppers on the feet will be key when you are lifting big weights.
This is because you’ll be distributing the weight across the various corners of your weight bench. You’ll need to make sure that if you are working out with your weights at one end of the bench, then you’ll need it to be balanced perfectly at the other end.
So where can you find the best adjustable weight benches? What are the most durable and resilient materials for one of these weighted benches to be made from? How can you adjust the weight bench to make sure that you have plenty of support when you are doing bicep curls? How much will you have to pay for a decent weight bench? Which ones are the best if you are going to use a smart home gym like Tonal, Mirror or Tempo?
Well, if you want answers to all of these questions and then some more, we would recommend that you keep reading. We have all the information that you’ll need to make an informed decision with a weight bench that you can be sure will give you the best support in your back and chest.
Best Adjustable Weight Bench
Flybird Weight Bench
This first weight bench is one of the best that we’ve got for lifting weights and getting your chest nice and big. This is a high-quality workout bench that you can be sure will give you plenty of support to lift your dumbbells, with 7 back positions and 3 seat positions that will help keep you upright – introducing the Flybird Adjustable Weight Bench.
This weight bench is one of the most versatile you can get on the market. The adjustability that you have with this bench really is second-to-none. If you want to practice some vertical squats, then you can. This is one of the most well-reviewed weight benches that we have on this list.
- This is a very solid workbench that comes at a great price. You can be sure that you’ll have everything that you need for your dumbbell exercises and floor pulls.
- This is a very comfortable bench, allowing you to be able to recline with each and not feel any pinching or rubbing at the base of your spine.
- This comes with great moisture-wicking properties, meaning that you can build up a real sweat without having to worry about wearing down the equipment.
- This is a great weight bench to be used by both beginners and professionals alike. We would certainly recommend this one if you have trouble getting the right posture.
- This is a pretty basic bench, if you want some of the more professional equipment, then we would suggest that you spend your money on something more heavy-duty.
StrengthTech Fitness USA Made Adjustable Arm Preacher Curl Weight Bench
Next up, we have the perfect bench for someone who really doesn’t want to spend that much money on a state-of-the-art bench. This comes with some of the basics, but you can be sure that you will have everything that you need for bicep curls, front squats and reverse grip rows – introducing the StrengthTech Fitness USA Made Adjustable Arm Preacher Curl Weight Bench.
This comes with a very durable frame and a supportive cushion that will be able to bear the weight of your posterior as you work out. This is a great bench if you are wanting to get to grips with some of the basics. We would certainly recommend this one if you were just starting out, although you might want to progress further.
- This bench is something for anyone who wants to cover just the basics. If you want to curl while also improving your cardio, then this is the perfect model for you.
- The price – this is one of the least expensive workout benches that you can find. Not only do you have the basic frame and padding, but it comes at exactly the right height.
- This bench comes with plenty of absorbent properties, allowing you plenty of surface area to wipe down your bench once you have finished.
- This comes with plenty of warranties, so you can be sure that you’ll get your money’s worth out of this bench without breaking it.
- This is only a basic unit, so if you want something that can support you for the duration of your workout, then we would suggest you pay for something more complex.
Ativafit Adjustable Weight Bench for Full Body Workout
Next up, we have something that is a little more adjustable, with a backrest that you can put in numerous different positions. This is perfect if you are looking for something very comfortable, resilient and easy to recline into various different positions – introducing the Ativafit Adjustable Weight Bench for Full Body Workout.
This is great if you want to work on your back as well as your chest. You can put this workbench in the fully reclined mode, lie flat on your stomach and lift your weights to improve the state of your back. You can even hold your body weight with this bench, so you won’t have to worry about getting that much support.
- This workbench will reach up to 6 feet in length, which is perfect for most users of pretty much any height.
- This can be reclined in many different poses, so you won’t have to worry about achieving some of those more complex poses.
- This is one of the most versatile benches that you can get on the market. Not only do you have the ability to practice any number of poses, but you can use a very high caliber of weight.
- This comes with a backrest that you can adjust to varying different inclines, which is very important if you want to increase your difficulty levels.
- This bench is another medium-range model, so if you want to up your weight lifting to the higher levels, then we would suggest you splash out on an industrial unit.
Fitness Reality 1000 Weight Bench Combo
This bench is one of the most state-of-the-art when it comes to ergonomic features and the option to save yourself plenty of space. This comes with wheels in the bottom that you can retract if you want your bench to be stationary. This will not only hold you in place, but it will give you that firm foundation to up your exercise – introducing the Fitness Reality 1000 Weight Bench Combo.
This unit simply looks amazing, having everything that you need for leg extensions and a back lengthener that you can use to increase your fitness levels. You can set the back of this chair to a variety of different angles, which will help you when you are trying to increase the levels of your endurance training.
- This is one of the most comfortable benches that you can get for exercising. We would certainly recommend that you get this one if you are just starting out on your exercise journey.
- This bench comes at 20-degree angles, which will allow you to achieve some pretty difficult poses. You certainly won’t have to worry about this one giving you enough support.
- You can move this one into 6 different back angles, so whether you are a rank amateur or you know your way pretty well around a weight bench, this will have something for you.
- This can hold up to 600 pounds of weight, so if you want to develop some really big guns, then you can’t go wrong with this.
- Some users have complained that there is too big a gap between the back of the chair and the seat. If you want your exercise to be completely comfortable and supportive, you might need another bench.
Youten 1000 LB Weight Bench Heavy Capacity
This next bench comes with up to 12 different angles, meaning that it is probably one of the most versatile benches that you can have on this list. This is very important if you ultimately want to get the most that you can possibly get from your workout. This is a great bench to use for taller people too – introducing the Youten 1000LB Weight Bench Heavy Capacity.
This bench is really solid when it comes to cushioning, you won’t have to worry about getting saddle sore, which might be an issue if you are sitting in the same position throughout the day. Pushing yourself through your workout will always be part of the struggle, but we would always recommend that you have enough back support behind you.
- This comes with rubber stoppers in the legs, which will really help you to establish a solid base that you can use to push yourself right through your workout.
- This is one of the firmest benches that you can use for beginner or intermediate workouts. We would certainly recommend that you get this to start out your training.
- This will be great for heavier and taller users, as this bench can support upwards of 800 lbs. This is great if you are a large user that wants to get larger.
- This comes at a fairly decent price too, you won’t have to worry about splashing out any of your cash unnecessarily.
- This bench might not have some of the premium features that the pros are used to using at the gym. If you are used to bulking, then this might not be the bench for you.
Body Champ Olympic Weight Bench
Our final weight bench is another extremely simple unit, coming with a standard unit that you can be sure will support you no matter how heavy the weight is that you’re lifting. This is also a very flexible bench, allowing you to work at whatever side without keeling over and causing you any injury – introducing the Body Champ Olympic Weight Bench.
This comes with rubber foot pads, which are great if you are working on shiny wooden flooring. This will stop you from sliding around on the surface of the mat when you are working up a sweat. Staying supported and anchored to the spot is one of the most important things that you’ll need when bulking up.
- This bench is made from high-quality steel and can support upwards of 600 lbs. This is very important if you are going to want to build muscle and increase weight.
- You can adjust this bench, which is amazing if you are looking to increase your weight as the weeks and months increase.
- This bench can be extended in a variety of different ways, which is very important if you are hoping to do a number of different exercises.
- This is also a very comfortable bench, which will not pinch the skin when you are moving on it.
- The price – this is one of the priciest benches on this list, which might be an issue if you are sticking to a budget.
There are a few things that you’ll be needing from your work bench when you have bought one. You’ll need both freedom to move as well as lots of support, as this will be the one surefire method of building muscle and reducing injury. Here are some features that you’ll be looking for:
How Much Stability Does It Give You?
Having plenty of support underneath you will be very important when you are working out. You won’t want your workbench shifting suddenly when you have a weight above or below you, as it will cause you some serious injury. We would recommend that you get rubber tips so that your workbench will not move at all when you are lifting.
How Much Range Of Motion Does It Give You?
This is very important when you are building muscle, simply because it will give you everything that you need to push your muscle to the peak of its motion. This is how you grow and improve muscle, as well as encouraging oxygen to move into that area.
How Easily Can You Adjust It?
This is a very important factor when you are setting up your workbench. Ultimately, it should have nodes at the back that will allow you to hook your seat into position and not have it move while you are working out on it.
How Many Accessories Does It Have?
These benches do come with plenty of accessories such as a leg extender or a barbell rack. These things give you stability when you are working out, allowing you to stay supported and develop the appropriate form for your exercise.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Should You Have To Pay For A Decent Weight Rack?
Ideally, you should only have to pay a few hundred dollars for your weight rack, although this will depend on how many features that it has. If you are having it with plenty of accessories, then you can be sure that you will pay top dollar for it.
How Much Weight Can Your Bench Hold?
You’ll need to take into account how much weight your bench can hold, including yourself and your weights. If you are looking to graduate up the table regarding reps and weight, then you’ll need a bench that can support you through this increase. If you have a bench that does not support you, then this could result in serious injury.
Our Final Say
We hope that our guide to the best weight benches has helped you to decide what the best benches will be for your needs. These benches should have a solid steel weight underneath that will allow you to take the entire weight of you and your dumbbells or your barbell weight. We would suggest that you pay a lot for your weight rack, as this will mean it is high-quality.